Children learn when they are in a safe and caring environment where they are stimulated through play.
Babies and young children develop best when they are in a caring relationship with an adult. A baby will learn to walk faster when they have a safe pair of arms to walk towards and learn to talk, when they have an adult listening and responding to them.
I will strive to provide your child with an environment that will be caring, fun and stimulating. I will implement ideas from:-
- Birth to three matters framework
- National Guidance to the Foundation Stage
- Development Matters
- Early Years handbook –April 2018
- Prevent Duty
- Working together to safeguard children
- Send Code of Practice
- Keeping Children Safe – Sept 2018
- Early Years Outcomes
- British Values
(Please ask me if you would like to see a copy of any of the above documents)
I will provide activities that support the both the Prime Areas and the Specific Areas of Learning and Development:
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Physical Development
- Communication and Language
- Understanding of the World
- Expressive Arts and Design
These activities will include:
- Dressing up clothes
- Books and Videos
- Small world toys
- Construction toys (lego, duplo etc)
- Pretend play (toy kitchen etc)
- Water play
- Arts and Crafts
- Outdoor play and equipment
I will regularly observe your child and make a written record. This will enable me to make very simple plans on how I can help your child move onto the next stage of their development. These records are available for you to look at anytime.
If there is a particular activity that you would like me to do with your child, please let me know. I am very happy to support activities that you are doing at home or events that have happened. For example if you have been to a wedding I can continue this theme by providing the children with material to use as wedding clothes and help them understand through books and other resources.