Guidance to the Foundation Stage Curriculum states:
‘Practitioners must be able to observe and respond appropriately to children.
This principle requires practitioners to observe children and respond appropriately to help them make progress. This is demonstrated when practitioners;
- Make systematic observations and assessment of each child’s achievements, interests and learning styles,
- Use these observations and assessments to identify learning priorities and plan relevant and motivating learning experiences for each child
- Match their observations to the expectations of the early learning goals’
Depending on the age of your child I will either be using:-
- The Birth to three matters framework
- Development Matters
- Early Years handbook
- Early Years Outcomes
- British values and
- The Foundation Stage Curriculum to support my work.
I will make regular observations on your child, using different mediums, for example, tick lists and tracker books, photographs, written observations or video recordings. You are welcome to see copies of any of my observations. All observations are only made for personal use and will remain confidential.
I request each parent to sign a form giving me permission to carry out and record observations on their child.
If you have any concerns regarding the content of this policy please do discuss them with me.